Am I a Candidate?
Must have clinically confined prostate cancer:
A patient's prostate cancer should be in the early stages of cancer, meaning that there is no evidence of cancer spread and no extension of the cancer beyond the prostatic capsule.
Should have at least a 5 to 10 year life expectancy
In general prostate cancer surgery is recommended for those who are healthy enough that would likely live more than five to ten years, if their cancer is cured.
Patient with the following conditions are also eligible to undergo robotic prostate surgery
- Morbid obesity
- Previous surgery for prostate like TURP
- History of hormone therapy
- Previous radiation for prostate cancer
- High grade prostate cancer (gleason 8 -10)
- Previous history of heart disease