S. Adam Ramin, MD
Urologist & Urological Oncologist located in Century City, Los Angeles, CA
Urologists specialize in the treatment of the male genitourinary system, which may include testosterone issues, prostate concerns, and other conditions specific to male health. S. Adam Ramin, MD, is a board-certified urologist and surgeon with offices in the Century City neighborhood of Los Angeles. This talented, top-rated specialist is known for his expert medical and surgical skills. He’s also committed to personalizing, patient-focused care that puts you first. Schedule a visit with Dr. Ramin today by calling the office or booking your appointment online.
Men's Health Q & A
Why would I need to see a urologist?
Urological care for men includes diagnosis and treatment of many common disorders, including:
- Urinary tract infections
- Prostatitis, which is swelling and tenderness of the prostate gland
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is also called an enlarged prostate
- Kidney stones
- Male infertility issues
- Erectile dysfunction
- Prostate cancer
- Testosterone imbalance
What if I need surgery?
Dr. Ramin is a board-certified surgeon, laparoscopic specialist, and qualified expert in the use of the advanced, robot-assisted da Vinci® Surgical System. He is highly skilled at performing traditional surgery, when necessary, but prefers using the da Vinci system whenever possible.
This state-of-the-art surgical system provides all the benefits of a laparoscopic procedure, as compared to open surgery, which includes decreased blood loss, fewer and smaller incisions, and faster recovery times. The da Vinci also offers superior imaging and increased precision compared to previous laparoscopic systems.
Surgeries that Dr. Ramin performs include:
- Robotic cystectomy for the treatment of bladder cancer
- Urinary diversion to restore normal urine flow out of the body
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of a bladder tumor (TURBT)
- Prostatectomy for prostate cancer
- Nephrectomy and other surgeries related to kidney cancer/renal cell carcinoma
How does a testosterone imbalance affect men’s health?
Testosterone levels normally decrease with age. When the level drops too low, you may notice problems with:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Irritability and depressed mood
- Decreased energy
- Reduced muscle mass and strength
- Decreased libido (low sex drive)
- Reduction in bone density and strength
Testosterone replacement therapy can bring your levels back to normal and improve symptoms related to low testosterone. Because many other conditions can create similar symptoms found with low testosterone, it’s important that you see a specialist for your concerns before starting hormone therapy.
Excessive testosterone may cause serious medical complications, including:
- Low sperm counts and shrinking of the testicles
- Heart muscle damage and increased risk of heart attack
- Prostate enlargement
Dr. Ramin will check your testosterone levels before starting hormone replacement and monitor your reaction closely during therapy.
For expert care regarding men’s health issues, schedule an appointment with Dr. Ramin today. Call the office or book your visit online.